Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PLAN 'BE' starts with BELIEVING



Pete is on his way to his Wednesday morning date with the Good Cheer Garden.  He's on bike today, walking and biking himself down the wooded trail to the Good Cheer Garden.  This evening, around 5 PM the Transition Whidbey group is gathering for their weekly meeting-potluck and, to make a point:  the gist of it "Oil is peaked.  Pumps asking $5 a gallon. We won't be drivin'.  So ... Walk it, Bike it, Hybrid-motor it, Ride Share it." The goal is to get to that meeting without pumping gas. 

It's a clear and rainless Pacific Northwest day and promises are it will be the best weather day of the week.  Lucky us!  I have not yet, been able to join either of these groups personally, challenged as I've been with being with the not-so-good-for-me scents and fragrances of 2011.  But, I've been making changes starting with my New Moon in Aries intentions:  they're my 'PLAN BE' intentions and I am doing and BEing wonderful most of the time.  I spent a few hours yesterday creating my contribution to the Transition Whidbey gathering.  I've cut and taped together the signs for clustering and identifying all who get to the potluck-meeting as WALKERS, BIKERS, HI-BRID & E-CARS, RIDE-SHARE.  I count this as success, and a way to be involved how I can.  Pete and I have pieces of my 'PLAN BE' in place and focus on that.

Views of the Moon

Last month, our first month, our first Malama together, was a venture into counting.  It was for me a venture that led to RE-thinking the way I count and RE-membering to look for myself at what I believed.  The New Moon has just passed.  The first Anahulu ... the first 10-day week has begun.

Let's try this together: 

1)  Look at the picture above and compare the MOON PHASE for today(over on the right/in the sidebar)

2)  If you're able to see the moon in the sky where you live all the better.

3) WHAT do you BELIEVE IS TODAY'S MOON PHASE (in the Anahulu Ho'onui)?  Leave your answer in the COMMENTS.

It will be fun to read what phase WE BELIEVE it is.  We get to see whether we agree on the moon phase.  Discussion, if not agreement.  Discourse!

Whatever phase you name it, hope this moon is one that gets you closer to the best feeling thoughts you can feel. 

Malama on.



6 comments:

  1. I wasn't able to see the moon lastnight..new moon or not, I thought I might be able to see the dark glow in the sky. I believe that tonight should be Hilo moon.
    Writing this reminded me of the night at the warm pond in Puna last year. My sister and I were floating in the dark waters, sound of waves washing throught the channel. The Kulu moon was hidden by blankets of clouds yet bits of light escaped at the edges. We held onto the glow in the sky doing our best to brush the clouds away. Without that little bit of light it became very very dark-and while no one else was there, let's just say we were definitely NOT alone. As the moon came out I gave a hula offering, "Ka Mahina Malamalama"..my mahalos for protecting us.
    (and then wet and suddenly terrified, we ran to the car!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading for while in the late night. I feel the phase is in Hoaka as we enter into Thursday. It seemed like the last two days have been an extended Hilo, resisting any encouragement to grow into the next phase. I will look to the night sky in the coming week for Olekukahi as the horns fade showing Mahina half full and a half yet to come and a time to reflect on the balance in my life. Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Thursday morning, nearly noon, and Mahina is oh so slowly, yet progressively, making her way. I think she is Hoaka (literally means 'crescent') and maybe we'll have a clear sky to see for ourselves.
    @Pete ... I love "extended Hil, resisting any encouragement to grow into the next phase."
    @Heidi ... geez I'd love to be floating in warm ocean water in the light of mahina!!
    @Selina ... let's keep watching and see how as Pete suggests "Olekukahi" and the 'ole moons reveal 'horns fading'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kukahi. i looked at the moon at 830 thursday evening. reading the comments at first when i saw the others mention hilo i was confused but then i figured out hilo is the "opposite" of kukahi..hmm which is it??

    kukahi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renee ... when you were posting it would have been Kukahi ... it is Kukahi now (Friday) Looking, looking, looking. Hmmmmm.Mokihana

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, mana'o, or something to consider.