Saturday, May 14, 2011

More blessings of the emptiness: "Learning to allow"

Anahulu Ho'o Nui (the first week of the Kaulana Mahina) is over.  As I prepare this post, it's Saturday here in the woods.  The 'Ole Cycle has been amazing.  Emptied and refilled, massaged and loved, entertained and ready for more I am so appreciative of this workshop and your company.  MAHALO for allowing such abundant discoveries.

This  post is one-of-three " 'Ole Blessing' posts.  Each one includes a segment of teaching that is realigning the way I view life and the way I malama myself.  I share them with you, and as always take what you like, leave the rest.


We had a clear evening sky, and with it came a view of Mahina.  I was already in the vardo, nestling under the covers on the futon.  Pete came in after caring for himself, the nine ducks and three chickens.  He came in with a gift of appreciation bigger than the size and shape of his favorite moon.  His tears of appreciation filled the space of our tiny sleeping room.  His allowing was gigantic, and he came to share it with me.

The process of relearning we are experiencing through our time with Mahina leads to the gradual and steady lessons of learning to allow.  I feel the gentle yet powerful shift taking place in ?my life:  it says something like "If you are no longer the woman who is sensitive to everything,"  .... there is a pause.  "Who are you?"  The answer is a daily and nightly answer and this workshop, this canoe that metaphorically sails on the intuitive waters of my changing nature, answers "I am a woman who wants to feel good." 

We, Pete and I together, and each of us separately has experienced a huge cache of contrasting experiences since we lived and slept in our Subaru.  We have experienced the 'not that!" part of the blessings.  I, being the writer, have written thousands of sentences to describe those contrasting experiences and looking back (just for a few seconds) I think the Sam and Sally Story is one of the most gentling version of those times.  There was my favorite 'third-person' to translate things that I could not reckon with, and in the process, hope kept pulsing, over there.  Then, there was the writing of the full-scale fantasy Wood Crafter where the characters and dialogue of beings, birds and trees insisted on being put onto pages.  Blog, blog, blog I have.

Now, we are settling into a space where relationships and our 'not that's' are being replaced with 'I'll have some of this, and this, and them, and them.'  Pete is more and more the giving fixing Cancer-Libra-Gemini character he has ever been.  He builds, he relates, he cares and he remains a learner, too.  The blessings of the 'Ole Moons expand with each Malama (month) we practice allowing that empty space of 'not that' to fill with good.  The more we believe we know what we don't want, the more of the experiences of what we do want flows in.  It takes practice.  It takes not being afraid to look at what we want, and what we love, and allow it. 

When the old stories I told about me no longer satisfied me there came gifts out of the blue, out of thin air.  One of those gifts was a source of "medicine" in the words of my gift-giver.  I was ready for something, some new stories, and new beliefs.  I was ready to listen and look at the vibrational reality of KE AKUA in new ways.  That willingness is paying off in huge ways:  I feel better and better every day and when I am not feeling better, I know what I'm doing to pinch off the flow. 

Here is another vid-audio based on that "medicine" from my original gift-giver.  Another law-of-attraction via the thoughts and words of Abraham-Hicks. 


How are you feeling, and have you ever kept your hand on the stove?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, mana'o, or something to consider.