Saturday, May 7, 2011

MAN FISHING, WOMAN MENDING a net


http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Woman_mending_a_fish_net.jpg

The 'Ole Moons of the Kaulana Mahina are times when traditional farmers and fisherfolk rested or mended their gear and their tools.  I found this exquisite painting on WikiCommons.  Earlier today I was writing comments on my on-line writers group that began a few moon cycles ago.  That group is now blossoming into a place where words play, writers work and play, and in the process all sorts of mending happens.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%27Hawaiian_Fisherman%27,_woodblock_print_by_Charles_W._Bartlett,_1919,_Honolulu_Academy_of_Arts.jpg

Each time I come to the page here the Hawaiian Fisherman is there, `upena (net) over his shoulder and in his hands.  Today, a Saturday mid-stream the Ku Moons Mahina is out though the heavy rains in the Pacific Northwest make it impossible to view her in the daylight.  The vegetable starts I bought from Pam the local garden goddess will have to wait to be put in the dirt.  Puddles of rain collect between the vardo and the orchard gardens.  The whole picture of things include this energy that is potent, but must wait.  I think of Pete out there anyway, helping with the Hearts and Hammers work-party fixing someone's something.  Rain isn't preventing that potential.

I feel the saturated parts of me:  sad to think of my 'ohana on O`ahu who are dealing with harsh lessons of the physical body.  Maybe, it's the rain saturating me, maybe it's the moon in Cancer.  I wish there was more to do to ease their pain, but know prayers are the best watery energy I can send.  I stand at that shore's edge with the beautiful brown kanaka and send the prayers as I throw my metaphorical net .......out there~

As you look at those two images of a man and a woman with a net, how might you complete the following lines and what thoughts fill your mind and heart?

"Mending the nets, she ...."  or "Mending the nets, I ..."

"Looking at the ocean, I ..."  or "Looking at the ocean, he ..."

3 comments:

  1. Mending the nets, I see where puka have allowed my catch to escape. Tending and mending to the escape of energy something more can come when next I throw my nets.


    I found a link in my email yesterday ... with this bit especially interesting to me "... Quietly, without much fan fare, all the asteroid influences along with Venus, all of which are feminine, are involved in a formation of sacred geometry called a Finger of God made of two quincunxes and a sextile forming a long triangle: Vesta, priestess of the sacred hearth fires of the temple; Pallas Athena, Warrior Queen and goddess of wisdom; Venus ruling beauty and love, magnetism, aesthetics/finance/social relationship; Juno, Divine Consort ruling committed relationship; and Ceres, the Great Mother and goddess of agriculture all are aligned. I've never seen this before. Whatever will they be doing??!? A Finger of God formation has the function of being a catalyst; something is brought through from the divine. What ever it is, is requiring the full presence of every major feminine body in our solar system. They are gathered and are in tight sacred alignment. And the formation is in relationship to the Sun/Moon in Taurus via a trine from Juno. I have no idea what this 'means', but at this near midnight portal of the New Moon, I would throw open my doors and welcome this feminine energy to fill my every pore with whatever these feminine divine archetypes choose to share with us mortals." Thank you, Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link to that excerpt http://thepowerpath.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=341:new-moon-update-5-3-11&catid=41:moon-updates&Itemid=122

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking at the ocean he is confident, full of hope and also humility.

    today i was cleaning "weeds" around a potted bird of paradise plant. i was carefully removing the ground cover when i heard a bird chirping and chirping and chirping. i realized she was talking to me.
    " i have to remove this stuff because its suffocating this plant, sorry" i told her.
    this made her chirp even more, and more intensely.
    i realized she was definitely telling me something, very directly.

    and then i felt like she sent me a mental picture of a nest.
    i stopped pulling immediately and really looked through the little weeds.

    YES! there it was a beautiful little nest with 5 speckled 1/2 inch eggs.
    "sorry, i didn't know" i said

    she chirped and chirped telling me to step away from her nest, she was bothered. eeee.

    i stepped away, stopped my project and came inside.
    moms are always around, even when we don't see them.

    now i just hope she doesn't decimate her eggs and nest. eeeek!

    mending the nets, i sit and reflect.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, mana'o, or something to consider.