Monday, May 9, 2011

'OLE Moons: mending, weeding, but not fearing

The 'Ole Moons or the Quarter Moon Phases start on tommorrow, Tuesday.  I'm finding it helpful to have both the Anahulu (The Hawaiian Moon Calendar Phases) and the Current Moon Phase on the sidebar.  Including you in the process of seeing what you believe helps to share the Kuleana of time.  Hmmm...sharing time.   The geneology experiences I am having because my son has begun unearthing time and names of our ancestors:  it has opened up a vortex of energy.  Now that more 'secrets' are no longer secrets, and if secrets keep us in the dark, now what?

I found myself in an old and familiar place yesterday.  Before I identified the place, it surrounded me and I was not my newly-rediscover and present in the moment self.  I was irritable, defensive, and resistent, out of sync and protective.  Expectations, judgment, restless.  Coming out of the early stages of the new moon, the crescent moon is more dark than light, and that is what I was allowing ... more dark than light.  I noticed the conversations that I was having and noticed which conversations I chose not to have:
  • My son called early to wish me a happy mothers day; I told him I was proud to be one, proud to be his mother.  He thanked me for that.  (LIGHT)
  • There was an edginess between Pete and me, out of syncness.  (DARK & LIGHT)
  • I decided not to call my sister-in-law and wrote email instead.  They are in a hard place now, and I chose to communicate with some .... detachment with love.  (LIGHT&DARK)
  • A friend called to thank me for something we share and that is bringing her more light. (LIGHT)  The conversation also led to a story that is changing for me, not for her.  I felt the light pinch off.  I held my place down-stream.  (LIGHT & DARK)
  • Another friend called and we shared the parallel course of our spiritual journeys exchanging miracle stories that fueled us both. (LOTS OF LIGHT)
  • A third friend walked over to talk about mutual friends living with end of physical life.  She came to ask if I'd be there as a visitor and maybe offer some healing foods, too.  I said I could.  (DARK & LIGHT)
The 'Ole Moons coming up tomorrow (Tuesday, May 10th, 2011) are four moons that allow us to choose, and act with more CONSCIOUS light and more life.  The exercise of consciously examining my conversations and noticing whether the conversation added to 'DARK' or 'LIGHT' is a way to put the feeling where I can feel it; it is no longer or less a secret.  The process adds to my esteem, my confidence to be with the flow of the Mahina Cycle.  Mahina is slow, but she is steady.  There is no stopping her movement though it appears soooooooo slow sometimes.

That's where the balance of KU and HINA energy comes.  Quick (KU) Slower (HINA). Both movements are necessary and neither will serve without the other.  When Pete and I were living in the vardo parked between large mill houses in Everett, Washington I felt the over-powering nature of the establishment.  We were technically 'illegal' and living under the wire.  Our reassembling sense of worth was in the process.  My study of astrology and Mahina became life-lines as I struggled to remain afloat.  While struggling a new to me astrologer suggested I might find the work of someone named Dane R insightful.  She knew I am Hawaiian, and found my practice of observing the 'Ole Moons resonant to this Dane R person.  That was more than a year ago.  I have since learned that Dane R. is considered the 'father of modern astrology' and the work he did with lunar time and human pysche are a major body of work. 

As it applies to this post and the 'Ole Moons coming soon, this excerpt describing the work of Dane Rudhyar's 'Moon Work' sheds new light on the opportunity that comes during the 4 moons of 'emptiness.' 

With the First Quarter phase comes a pitch of increasingly organized individual activity. In his seminal work The Lunation Cycle, Dane Rudhyar gave this phase the keynote crisis in action. It calls for well-organized and forceful activity. Activity must be focused and forceful during this decisive phase because we are now challenged to free our minds and activities from the pull of inertia, along with psychological and social pressures to maintain the status quo — all of which may culminate in an inability to rise to the call to action sounded by the First Quarter phase. For whatever reason, failure to act clearly and forcefully now will have significant repercussions on the unfolding cycle of activity. 

      Much depends on how successfully one has met the earlier call to action during the Crescent Moon phase a few days ago. If you were able to advance your Lunation Plan by pushing ahead productively and mobilizing your resources, you should be attuned with the rhythm of the cycle. Definite, visible progress should now be made and a clear course set for the fruitful development of your Lunation Plan.

The entire article and link to the resource is here:  http://www.khaldea.com/articles/lunationplanning5.shtml

Malama I Ka `Aina ... Caring for the Land is a nice way of encapsulating a practice that applies not just to the papa, the land upon which we live, the Planet we name "Home."  It is a practice that applies to the 'land' or 'ground' that is me/you.  The wa'a kaulua COUNT ON THE MOON continues her voyage, using Mahina as her beacon.  The first 'Ole moons share light and dark with us and more is revealed.


What a geat opportunity to mend, weed and prepare for more light coming. 

We'd love to read the plans that show themselves during the 'Ole.  See you down-stream!

2 comments:

  1. i love your honesty in this last posting.
    the dark and the light. the dark frustrates me at work so much at times, more than anywhere, that is where it shines themost these days.
    its not horrible, but noticeable for me. ah well.

    the ole moons in its calmness or emptiness seems to ask some big action oriented tasks of me, if not during the ole phase, shortly there after (which means during ole moons i am thinking about what needs to manifest soon--like catering and food swaps).

    i am enjoying the workshop but still confused about how to relate to moon phases. the pondering of questions i get, but i still feel out of synch with 'action or lack of it' with mahina and her phases. how do use her guidance to fully feel her insight?

    i know underneath it all, its happening as it should but the outer view is confusing. too much thinking i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being honest. It's good to learn what 'honest' feels like, and then being able to allow expression is the next part of that. What is happening for me as I share the process is the disclosure of 'not being exact.' Like pointing to the moon and saying "this is true," or "that is true." This month's process and discovery is I think, the month of realignment with inner and outer markers or 'true north.' It could be we are not at all 'correct' in the marking of the phases. I'm writing posts about this 'ole moon process and I'll share them soon.

    Traditional Cultures spent many moons of observation to determine a 'calendar' ... we are just into this a very short time in comparison. The self-discovery though, that is a journey of creation and we get to do it consious or unconscious.

    Your unfolding is awesome, expanding from a base of quality that's the best news! Thanks for the sharing, Mokihana

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, mana'o, or something to consider.